If you are still looking for ways to establish healthy sleep patterns both for you and your little one, consider using blockout blinds for your baby. Creating the ideal if not perfect sleep environment is every parent’s wish. Here at ScreenAway, we offer safe, retractable, and stylish blockout blinds for a full night’s sleep.
Best Blockout Blinds: Baby Rooms Made Comfortable
It is important to balance safety, functionality, and aesthetics as well as setting a budget so it is easier to decide what you want and need for your nursery. Here are some options to consider when choosing the best blockout blinds for your baby:
- Manual blockout blinds. As the name suggests, you can easily operate by hand. The control bar and side channels promote flexible positioning of the blind.
- Automatic blockout blinds. These are ideal for hard-to-reach areas and anywhere where automation is more needed.
At ScreenAway, we offer customizable blockout blinds so you can choose the perfect colour and pattern your child needs. You can even decide on the opacity of the blinds depending on your baby’s reaction to light.
When it comes to blind and curtain cord safety, two standards lay out the installation and labelling requirements for such. Suppliers must always adhere to these when selling and installing blinds (and curtains).
Our blockout blinds do not have cords or curtain ropes that can sometimes cause choking hazards and are simple to open and close. They can fit perfectly within your window frame to ensure there are no gaps or openings that may let the light through.
Why Blockout Blinds?
We adults know the consequences of a sleep-deprived state. Consequently, blockout blinds for babies can play a vital role in their overall health and sleep experience. Some of their key benefits include the following:
- Better control of lights. The blackout blinds are specially designed to effectively block external light sources. In the case of daytime naps or early bedtimes, this is particularly important in cases where natural light may affect a child’s sleep schedule.
- Improved sleep quality. Research has shown that children who are sleeping in dark environments tend to sleep longer and more soundly. The blackout blinds stimulate deeper and more restful sleep, which is essential for your baby’s growth and development. The sleep patterns of babies vary by age. Nevertheless, sleep helps improve their attention span, mood, and language, learning, and motor skills.
- Well-regulated temperature. Blockout blinds can also help maintain a comfortable temperature in your baby’s bedroom, offering insulation benefits. In the heat of summer months or cold winter nights, this may be particularly useful.
- Aesthetic sleeping environment. There are plenty of blockout blinds in various styles and colours, so you can choose the right fit for your child’s room. In addition to serving a practical purpose, they can easily blend into your nursery’s decor.
- Knowing the difference between night and day. Blockout blinds can make for much easier nap times and putting babies to bed at night. They are encouraged to sleep more when it is still dark. Similarly, you can take advantage of the light during the day to play with your child and create more bonding moments with them.
Additional benefits that you can enjoy:
- Energy efficiency. Blinds can help you reduce your energy consumption while offering privacy for your child so it is the best of both worlds. Blinds can help reduce heating, cooling, and lighting costs.
- Simple to maintain and clean. With the innovative design, they are easy to use and maintain.
ScreenAway offers unique and practical blackout and blockout blinds to enhance the practicality and functionality of your windows. All of our products are manufactured to the highest standards right here in Australia so you can be sure that we can address your needs, however specific they may be.
Still have questions? We are here to help! Simply fill in our form or get in touch at 1800 738 722 and we will help you transform your baby’s room so you can both enjoy a full night’s sleep!